Direct Factory Outlets Cairns is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) ("the Act"). We may, from time to time, review and update this policy. Please visit this page periodically, to check for updates. All personal information held by Direct Factory Outlets Cairns will be governed by its most recent policy posted on the Direct Factory Outlets Cairns website.
Direct Factory Outlets Cairns knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust in us that we will do so carefully and sensibly. Direct Factory Outlets Cairns uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure the privacy of information regarding its customers and has implemented security measures and procedures so that you can rest assured that any personal information we collect about you is not misused.
Personal information means information we hold about you from which your identity can be determined. Collecting and using this personal information ensures we can deliver our services to you as efficiently as possible.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address, phone number and fax number;
- Information about previous dealings you have had with us;
- Information from enquiries you have made;
- Communication between us;
- Information which is relevant to the goods or services you require from us.
For the VIP program, the only personal information collected is:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address, phone number and fax number.
The shopping centre DFO Cairns is under video and camera surveillance. When entering the shopping centre, personal information and images of individuals including licence plate numbers may be collected by DFO Cairns.
We do not collect sensitive information such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, memberships of political associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, memberships of professional or trade associations, membership of a trade union or sexual preferences without your consent or unless required by Law.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, Direct Factory Outlets Cairns will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide services to you. For example, we may collect information from you when you:
- sign up to the VIP program on our website or at the Centre;
- request or acquire a product or service from us;
- provide a product or service to us;
- complete a survey or questionnaire or enter a competition;
- participate in forums;
- hand us your business card;
- apply for a lease;
- when you communicate with us by email, telephone or in writing;
- visit the shopping centre or car park;
- when you report an incident, make a complaint or provide other feedback to us.
How we use and disclose your personal information
The personal information we collect from you ultimately allows us to provide you with better service. In some cases we would be unable to provide you with particular goods or services without that information. Generally we use personal information to:
- provide you with 'e-newsletters' and correspondence from us about goods or services or opportunities which we could provide to you and which we believe may be of benefit or interest to you; if you do not wish to receive this type of information from us, please tell us.
- provide you with goods or services you have requested;
- market and promote the shopping centre or the tenants of the shopping centre
- help us to manage and enhance our services and the shopping centre;
- manage the health, safety and security at the shopping centre including details of any health safety and security incidents;
- communicate with you including answering queries you may raise;
- verify your identity;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main purpose for which we collect it and where such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected by you.
If you chose not to provide certain information to us then we may not be able to provide you with certain services and you may not be able to use certain parts of our website or participate in competitions or promotions that we run.
Our obligations of confidentiality and your consent
Beyond use for these purposes we have an obligation to keep all personal information we hold about you confidential. This obligation applies except where disclosure of your personal information is:
- compelled by law. For example, where disclosure is required to a government department and agency (such as the police or Australian Taxation Office) or the Courts.
- with your consent. Your consent may be express or implied and it may also be given verbally or in writing. Your consent will be implied where we may reasonably conclude that you have given consent by the actions you take or do not take. For example, where you ask us to provide goods or services, you consent to us storing, using, maintaining and disclosing your personal information to the extent necessary for us to provide those particular goods or services to you in a complete, prompt and efficient manner.
Does Direct Factory Outlets Cairns Share the Information It Receives About Me
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Direct Factory Outlets Cairns may disclose personal information to other companies in the same corporate group which are also bound by this or an equivalent policy. We may also provide your personal information to:
- third parties engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf, such as mail-outs, marketing, research and advertising;
- third parties authorised by you to receive your personal information held by us;
- a buyer or prospective buyer of the business or shopping centre;
- insurers, policy or security in relation to any incidents at the shopping centre
- professional advisors such as our lawyers and accountants, where required for them to advise us
- other persons where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or perform any obligations and/or exercise any rights we have under any contracts between us
We are unlikely to disclose information to overseas recipients and will only disclose information if the recipient agree to be bound by this or an equivalent policy or we amend this policy and advise you accordingly.
Quality, accuracy and correction of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. Where we do not agree with your view about the accuracy of the information and if you ask us to do so, we will take reasonable steps to note your claim where that information is stored. We will provide you with reasons if we deny access or refuse to correct your personal information. We may charge you a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request but not for making a request.
Security of your personal information
Direct Factory Outlets Cairns takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. We have in place generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to keep your personal information safe.
Our web site and your privacy
We understand that you may be concerned about the confidentiality and security of the personal information we collect from you online. Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure and confidential as your dealings with us in person or on the telephone.
A "cookie" is a file of information that allows the Direct Factory Outlets Cairns servers (the computers which host our web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you access our web site, we send you a "persistent cookie" that gives you a unique identification number. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user's Internet browser type, number of visits to the Direct Factory Outlets Cairns website, and your Internet Service Provider.
You can configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browser's instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. One month after your last visit to our web site, the cookie expires, or "crumbles". This means it no longer exists on your computer and therefore it cannot be used for further identification or access to your computer.
Information logged on our web site
When you visit the Direct Factory Outlets Cairns web site, our servers log the following information which is provided by your browser:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name, for example, .com, .gov, .au, .asn etc;
- the address of any referring web site, for example, the previous web site you visited; and
- your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet).
All of this information may be used by us for aggregated statistical analysis or systems administration purposes only. For instance, the information gathered may be used to build statistical and demographic information which does not identify you personally for strategic marketing or promotional purposes. No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities, except where required by law.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our web site and to improve the services that we provide. Also, from time to time, we may use external companies to provide us with detailed aggregate statistical analysis of our web site traffic. At no time is any personal information made available to these companies, nor is the aggregate information ever merged with personal information such as your name, address, email address or other information you would consider sensitive or would compromise your privacy.
Links to other sites
The Direct Factory Outlets Cairns site may contain links to other sites; in particular sites hosted by tenants of our shopping centre or other third parties. While we always endeavour to engage in business arrangements with commercial entities of good repute and ethical business practices, we are ultimately not responsible for the privacy practices of such web sites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on those web sites prior to providing any information to the busines concerned.
Seeking Access to the Personal Information Direct Factory Outlets Cairns Holds About You
You can seek access to the personal information held about you by Direct Factory Outlets Cairns or advise Direct Factory Outlets Cairns of any inaccuracy by contacting our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act. If you make an access request, Direct Factory Outlets Cairns will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may also charge a reasonable administrative fee for this access
How to Contact Direct Factory Outlets Cairns
If you have questions or wish to provide feedback about this policy, please forward those questions or comments to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or send details to:
Direct Factory Outlets Cairns Pty Ltd
20 Convention Centre Place
SOUTH WHARF VIC 3006
(03) 9099 1360